Pbrt render exporter update

I have spent some time the last 4 days, wrapping my head around what the next step should be. I’ve been wanting for a long time to move it from python to c++, but I did not know how. So I decided this weekend to spend time figuring that out. The result now is that I have PBRT API available inside a python module, this again means that I can go to the next step – deeper and better integration of PBRT in blender, without implementing it directly in the blender source.

My focus will be that the next weeks, but I will fix important \ breaking issues in the current exporter if needed, but I want to focus all my time on getting the new addon up and running as soon as possible.

I have attached a simple image, proof of concept. In this example I load up PBRT in python, through c++, then I use that to parse in and render a .pbrt file, so it’s doing the same as the pbrt.exe but from python, this was the first step to solve.